Monday, February 17, 2014

Tea Parties!

 As Olivia continues to grow and show us more of her personality, we are seeing the she may become quite the girly-girl!  And I love it!  She loves dolls, accessorizing, and most recently tea parties!  She has always loved to play outside, but now in addition to going on the swing, slide, and trampoline, she spends quite a bit of time playing in the play house and making me tea!  And while I was having an incredibly busy day trying to get us ready to leave for camping the next morning, last Thursday we played outside together and had a little tea party and just enjoyed the moment!
 
I was told by a friend that an important element I need to incorporate with my girls and their tea parties is to make sure that they ask the question, "And how is your mother?"
 
In addition to having tea parties, Olivia is really into brushing her teeth!  What is funny is that I remember Faith having the same obsession!  I think it feels good with the molars breaking through the gums!  And for Olivia, any chance to do something the big kids are doing is very exciting!  In this picture she is using Shane's toothbrush, but give her any toothbrush these days and she is a happy girl!
 
My cutie Shane!  He's not into posing for pictures these days, so I have to post this one that he let me take!
 
And this is what happens when the kids decide to play all together in their room!  I love the few minutes it gives me to actually sit down, but the ensuing mess is always shocking!  They sure can have a great time together!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, 'And how is your mother?' is key, every lady should learn to ask!

    ReplyDelete