Monday, October 14, 2013

It's just a phase, right?!?

There have not been as many blog posts lately...any guesses as to why??  One clue - the picture above!  Olivia is in the phase of life where she is everywhere and into everything!!  What this means is that I literally get nothing (okay, very little!) accomplished all day!  Since I can only do things when Olivia is sleeping, I have to be extremely strategic about how I spend my days!  I have to plan them out carefully, thinking through what needs to be done each day, and then making sure to do that during one of her two naps!  Thankfully I know from the other two kids that this too shall pass, but while in the phase it seems to be an eternity!  And again since Olivia is not the first, I am trying to embrace the untidiness, dirty floors, overflowing laundry baskets, and lackluster dinners to just sit on the floor and play with this sweet 10 month old who will be 10 years old in a blink of an eye! 
 
Olivia loves to play outside!  Put her down in the grass and let her just explore!  If only she didn't put ever leaf, stick, or bug in her mouth I could let her explore and do some laundry!
 
One more of this sweet little lady!  She is full of  personality and likes to let others let her know she is around!  On Saturday I was refereeing Shane's soccer game.  As she sat with Steve and Faith on the sidelines, each time I ran by I could hear her squeal and clap with delight!
 
Faith continues to do well with her piano lessons.  She enjoys playing throughout the day, and it's delightful to hear her play songs that we recognize such as "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" (very appropriate for this time of the year!) and "This Land is Your Land".
 
Today we needed to return books to the library and recheck out some new books.  The kids found a new section of books - super hero books!  While I must admit at first I was not too thrilled assuming a lack of quality literature, as we started reading about the Fantastic Four tonight I realized finding these books was a good find!  For the first time I am actually learning about all these crazy characters that my kids love!  Throughout the day both Faith and Shane ask me questions about Captain America or the Hulk, and I have no clue how to answer them!  But now, I am learning!  What fun, crazy adventures all these super heroes have!

No comments:

Post a Comment