Monday, August 11, 2014

Beach Day!

Now that it is August and school is on the horizon, we finally made it to the beach in Ventura!  It was such a fun day I really would be surprised if we didn't make it back there later this week!  For me it turned out better than expected as I was unsure how it would go taking all three kids without Steve, and I am not a big fan of sand as it gets everywhere and in everything!  But it went smoothly on my own (it helps so much that the older two can help carry things!), and I had the kids cleaned (showers!!) and the van vacuumed and Olivia in bed for a nap all within 45 minutes of arriving home!  Not too bad!
 
Olivia was unsure of the sand at first, but after an hour she was covered from head to toe in it!
 
Our friends came too!  The kids played together so well, and my friend Julie and I sat in our chairs under the umbrella for most of the time!  What a life!
 
It was so cute to see the two little girls playing, the boys running in and out of the water, and the two older girls riding the waves on their boogie boards!
 
Faith impressed me with her skills in the ocean!  She is confident out there but not overly so!  She takes the waves well, but she doesn't go out farther than either her or my comfort zone!  Hearing that some of her friends who are a year older did junior lifeguards this summer has made her think about doing that next year!
 
Shane loves to be around his friend Miles and talk superheroes and just be little boys together!
 
Until next time Pacific...hopefully it will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment