Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ballerinas

This past Wednesday was a parent watch day at ballet!  Since they only have two a year, I made sure to be there! What an eye-opening, interesting, fun hour it was to sit in on Faith's class!  Having only one year of ballet experience myself (and that being about 30 years ago!!), I was surprised to see what they girls did in their class!  Faith always tells me that it's hard work and tiring, and now I know why she says that!
 
After stretching, the girls worked at the bar for about 30 minutes.
 
After all the work at the bars, they did some exercises across the floor!  I don't remember what Faith is about to do in this picture!  The teacher uses the French names for all of the moves/techniques, so I didn't retain any of it!
 
A bit of free dancing at the very end!  Faith works hard, and I was impressed with her ability to count to 10 in French as well as point her toes so well in all she does in class!
 
My wanna be ballerina!  The outfit is about 2 sizes too big, but that doesn't deter Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment