Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Faith!

 
Where has the time gone?  How can this little girl already be eight years old?  When I think back to her as a baby and just a little girl, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago!! 
 
I'm finding that each age is delightful in it's own way!  With Faith growing older, it is fun to have more in depth conversations together.  It's also fun to do things together such as shop (even for groceries!) or take a walk.  But I think what I enjoy most of all is just observing over the year the small strides that the kids make.  One of the ways I can see Faith growing older is that she is more opinionated about her clothes and how she wears her hair!  And while this can be a source of frustration at times (like when she and I don't see eye to eye on what outfit is best!), it is a sign of exerting more and more of her independence!  And that's a good thing as she continues to grow and prepares to one day (many, many years from now!) fly out on her own.
 
Happy eighth birthday to my beautiful, sweet, enthusiastic, interesting, unique daughter Faith!  You are loved dearly!!
 
Faith using her new Razor scooter that was a birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment