Wednesday, September 4, 2013

An action packed Saturday

It was another busy weekend for our family!  We spent quite a bit of time on Saturday at the soccer fields.  Having fixed the gopher hole problem that cancelled last week's soccer games, the kids were excited to play in their first games of the season.  Shane is on the Silver Dragons this year.  Looking at the team banners for other U6 boys teams, most teams appear to have dragon or ninja incorporated into their team name!

Shane did very well, and his team won 2-1, even though there technically is no score keeping!  He had a lot of fun, and showed off his skills!
 
Faith also had her game, but I made my debut as a referee, so there are no pictures of her or her game!  Next week!  Thankfully, I only have to ref Shane's game this coming Saturday.  It was quite an adventure to be the referee, and I am counting down the games I have left to ref as I would not count it as one of the more fun things I've done in my life!  Hopefully, like all things new, it will become easier over time!

After the games were over, we dashed home and cleaned ourselves up for a "Back to School BBQ" at one of our friends houses!  It was a great way to end the day - relaxing with friends and enjoying some delicious fish tacos!
 
This is a picture of the kids playing a game in which they had to get an Oreo from their forehead to their mouth without using their hands!

My friends and I at the end of the night!  Danica, Julie, and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment